Our ServicesTools for improved quality of life
Here at Connecticut Lifestyle Medicine, our focus is the cause of disease.
We rely on the latest evidence and use the most effective tools, such as diet and lifestyle habits.
Most importantly, we take the time to understand you and your life.
With that, we bring a few options of service depending on what you need and the acuity of your situation.
Appointments with the care team that focus on prevention and reversal of chronic diseases through lifestyle habits.
Covered by insurance.
LifeMed Primary Care
Our standard primary care option with a lifestyle medicine focus.
Longer office visits, patient-centered care, covered by your insurance.
A membership option will give you the best of both worlds: use your insurance for visits plus get extra concierge-like support, classes and community.
Whether you’ve tried your best to tackle your [insert chronic issue here]* or struggling with weight loss, or are tired of being on medications – we can help.
*Weight, digestive disorders, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, autoimmune disease, fatigue, high cholesterol, arthritis, cancer…and many more.
We focus on all parts of your lifestyle from food and sleep to exercise and stress.
With this option you keep your other doctors and just see us for what you need. Whether that’s one appointment or several over a few months.
Your spouse, partner or your “second set of ears” is welcome to come with you for your initial 60-minute appointment. We will discuss your medical history and goals, do a physical exam, and develop a step-by-step plan.
We can help guide you with adjusting medications, ordering labs and discussing food log entries, symptoms and barriers.
You will learn strategies for:
- cooking and meal planning,
- exercising and sleeping,
- dealing with food cravings, and
- addressing other barriers that may come up in your life.
LifeMed Primary Care
Simple, lifestyle-focused medical care. This is a standard primary care option.
Our medical team will have a chance to get to know you and aspects of your life that affect your health during our extended, personable visits.
Although we focus on prevention and reversal of disease, standard medical care is still necessary at times. We can write prescriptions for medications, labs and tests as needed.
Advantages to seeing our Lifestyle Medicine doctor for your primary care:
- Extended office visits.
- Patient-centered care.
- Wholistic approach.
- Easily accessible medical team.
- Lifestyle Medicine focus.
Concierge service with a community.
In addition to standard primary care, sometimes you may need a little extra support.
This membership option will give you the best of both worlds: use your insurance for visits plus get extra support, classes, community and VIP access.
- Unlimited text, phone or email access to your doctor and medical team 24/7 – seriously!
- No-rush office visits
- Quick access to our team for urgent and emergent problems that occur overnight and on weekends
- Monthly group classes about Lifestyle Medicine topics, cooking, exercise, book group
- Monthly hikes and walks with other members,
- Discounted prices on other classes we offer the public, such as yoga
- Private dinners with other members.
$39/month, each additional family member is $34/mo
Insurances we Particpate with
- AARP Medicare and Supplemental
- Aetna, plus Medicare Advantage
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, plus Medicare Advantage
- Cigna, plus Medicare Advantage
- Connecticare, plus Medicare Advantage
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Medicare, plus Railroad Medicare
- United HealthCare, plus Medicare Advantage
*If you don’t see your insurance on the list, give our office a call and we will take a closer look.
Are you Ready?
Book an appointment with us.
Have more Questions?
Schedule a callback.